Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Song I Want to Hear Beach Slang Play at the 89th Street Collective

Tonight for the first time, Beach Slang will be hitting the stage in Oklahoma at the 89th Street Collective (Official, Facebook, Twitter) with Bleached and Hunny.  To say that I am excited for this show would be a humongous understatement.  I have been in love with this band from the first time I heard their debut EP Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken? and my devotion has only grown with each subsequent release.

Now two years after being introduced to the band, I will finally get to see them, or in this case singer/guitarist James Alex, life.  Oklahoma can be pretty hit or miss when it comes to concerts, so I just figured that Beach Slang probably wouldn't make a stop in the Sooner State anytime and thus I'd never get a chance to see them live.  Then I got that wonderfully glorious email from Bandsintown announcing that Beach Slang would be playing a show in Oklahoma City.  I'd never been so happy to get an automated email in my life.      

The following list and Spotify playlist includes the songs I'd like to hear Beach Slang play tonight.  For this list, I arranged the songs as if they were a setlist.  The list only includes one cover, their take on Senseless Things "Too Much Kissing" from the cover's EP Here, I Made This For You (Beach Slang Mixtape Vol. 1) because 1) their cover of Japandroids' "Younger Us" isn't available on Spotify, 2) neither are any of their covers of The Replacements or Jawbreaker, and 3) I really want to mostly hear their original music (though I must say, I'd love to hear them take on Doughboys' classic "Shine").  Honestly, James could rip through the band's entire catalog and I'd be happier than a pig in poop but I know that isn't realistic, so here are the songs that I really want to hear tonight.

For more information on Beach Slang check out their official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, SoundCloud, BandCamp, and Limited Run pages.  You can read my review of Beach Slang's latest album, the brilliant A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings here along with my reviews of their past records The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us, Cheap Thrills On A Dead End Street, and Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken? here, here, and here.

  1. "Future Mixtapes For The Art Kids" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  2. "Spin the Dial" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  3. "Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  4. "Dirty Lights" (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  5. "Kids" (from Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken?)
  6. "Wasted Daze of Youth" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  7. "Punks in a Disco Bar" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  8. "Throwaways" (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  9. "Too Late To Die Young" (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  10. "Filthy Luck" (from Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken?)
  11. "All Fuzzed Out" (from Cheap Thrills on a Dead End Street)
  12. "Get Lost" (from Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken?)
  13. "Too Much Kissing" (from Here, I Made This For You [Beach Slang Mixtape Vol. 1])
  14. "Noisy Heaven" (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  15. "Art Damage" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  16. "Hot Tramps" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  17. "Young Hearts" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  18. "We Are Nothing" (from Cheap Thrills on a Dead End Street)
  19. "Warpaint" (from A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings)
  20. "Hard Luck Kid" (from The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us)
  21. "Punk or Lust" (from Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken?)


No comments: