Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Essential Albums List

Minnesota Public Radio's The Current is putting together a list of 893 Essential Albums and they are asking for help in doing so.  Below is the list that I submitted (the original can be seen here).  While this list shares some titles from My Top 10 All-Time Favorite Records list, I decided to stick with proper full-length records this time around, thus things like Primer, Liveage, and Complete Discography were excluded.   I've also included a playlist below with a song from each record (except the 7 Seconds record because it's not on Spotify).

1.  ALL - Breaking Things
2.  John Moreland - In the Throes
3.  Frank Turner - England Keep My Bones
4.  Roustabouts - The Only One
5.  7 Seconds - Walk Together, Rock Together
6.  Beach Slang - The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us
7.  Dave Hause - Resolutions
8.  U2 - Rattle & Hum
9.  R.E.M. - Out of Time
10.  The Replacements - Tim

No comments: