Thursday, April 03, 2014

Top 5 Songs by Hot Water Music

I first heard Hot Water Music through the split that they released with Alkaline Trio.  At the time (around 2008 or so) my internet access was pretty bad and I was also pretty broke (not that that has changed much over the years) so that was my only real exposure to the band for a number of years.  I’d know of the band since the early ‘00s but hadn’t heard any of their stuff until after they broke up (thankfully they have since reunited).  My interest in the band was piqued after I discovered Chuck Ragan’s solo material.  Since then Hot Water Music has become one of my favorite bands. 

For more information on Hot Water Music check out their official website, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Last.fm, AllMusic, and Wikipedia pages.

Here, in no particular order, are my five favorite songs by Hot Water Music. 

1.  “Trusty Chords” (from Caution)

2.  “No Division” (from No Division)

3.  “The Traps” (from Exister)

4.  “Wayfarer” (from Caution)

5.  “At the End of a Gun” (from No Division)

Honorable Mentions –
Paid in Full” (from Exister)
Paper Thin” (from A Flight and a Crash)
Sunday Suit” (from A Flight and a Crash)
Hit and Miss” (from No Division)

1 comment:

Otter Limits said...

I did this one last year as part of my Top 13 of 2013 series of lists.

http://wp.me/pnqhl-1le