Saturday, November 16, 2013

Album Review: I Don’t Need Forgiveness

Title:  I Don’t Need Forgiveness (Black Numbers Records, BandCamp [Black Numbers Records], Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk)
Artist:  Placeholder (Facebook, Tumblr, BandCamp, Last.fm)

I Don’t Need Forgiveness is a fiercely tight record of impassioned and melodic songs that mix elements of post hardcore and early emo.  Placeholder is often compared to the likes of Balance and Composure and Lifetime.  Admitted I somehow missed out on both of those bands, so the comparisons are a bit lost on me.  What I do hear is hints of classic acts like Sunny Day Real Estate, Fugazi, and Jawbreaker and similarities to modern bands like Restorations and The Radio Reds in this obviously talented band.  The record’s standout moment, is the extremely catchy “Caught the Crown” but from beginning to end, I Don’t Need Forgiveness is a very good album from a band with a ton of potential.  

No comments: