Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Album Review: Dreamer on the Run

Title:  Dreamer on the Run (Deep Elm Digital, Deep Elm Records, Amazon, iTunes)
Artist:  U137 (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, SoundCloud)

Admittedly, post-rock is a sub-genre that I just don’t get.  Not that there is anything wrong with it; in fact pretty much all of the post-rock bands that I have heard are extremely accomplished musicians. They just happen to play a style of music that is beyond me.  When I got the press release for U137’s new album Dreamer on the Run, I almost dismissed it out of hand based solely on the genre of the music, but instead I decided to give the record a listen and boy am I glad that I did.  Dreamer on the Run is a lush record that honestly sounds more like the score to a major motion picture than it does a rock ‘n’ roll record.  The sounds on this record are huge and soaring and pull at the heart in so many different ways…it really is a thing of beauty.  Some studio needs to pick these two guys up quick so they can get the Oscars that they obviously deserve (oh, did I forget to mention that U137 is a duo?).    

1 comment:

mark brown said...

I am really shocked by the info of this website and i am glad i experienced a seem over the weblog. thank you so a lot for sharing this sort of wonderful data.
car window tint/tintinglq