Thursday, May 30, 2013

Oklahoma Lefty Radio 5/30 Setlist & Podcast

Welcome to the first edition of Oklahoma Lefty Radio.  The show is basically an extension of this blog, meaning once a week I’ll be playing some of my favorite tunes, both old and new, that I think folks should be listening to.  Like the blog, the musical content of the show will include a mix of punk, power pop, alt country, and indie rock/pop, with an emphasis on bands/artists on smaller labels plus a smattering of cult classics and some of the bigger acts from the aforementioned genres.  If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or requests drop me a line

So without any further ado, you can listen to the show here and check out the setlist below.

1.  “Good Enough” by John Moreland & The Dust Bowl Souls (from Everything the Hard Way)

2.  “Harnessed in Slums” by Archers of Loaf (from Vee Vee)

3.  “Randy’s Getting Married” by Dan Vapid & The Cheats (from The Wedding 7”)

4.  “Menagerie” by Caitlin Rose (from The Stand-In)
Purchase:  ATO Records, Amazon, iTunes

5.  “Take Me Out” by Off With Their Heads (from Home)
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

6.  “Stay Beautiful” by Manic Street Preachers (from Generation Terrorists)
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes

7.  “Drive” by The Gaslight Anthem (from Sink or Swim)
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

8.  “We Shall Not Overcome” by Frank Turner (from Tape Deck Heart [Deluxe Edition])
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

9.  “No Division” by Hot Water Music (from No Division)

10.  “Something” by Crimes (from Crimes)
Purchase:  BandCamp, Limited Run

11.  “Weekend Girls” by Kurt Baker (from Brand New Beat)
Purchase:  BandCamp [Kurt Baker], BandCamp [Collector’s Club Records], Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

12.  “Crossed Wires” by Superchunk (from Majesty Shredding)

13.  “Take It Or Leave It” by The GC5 (from Everything’s Too Fast To Last—Rarities and Unreleased)
Purchase:  Out of print

14.  “Fri-end?” by Kate Nash (from Girl Talk)
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes

15.  “Time Will Tell” by Dave Hause (from Resolutions)
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

16.  “Xenophobe: A Car” by Armchair Martian (from Armchair Martian)
Purchase:  Out of print

17.  “She Lied to the FBI” by Alkaline Trio (from My Shame is True [Deluxe Edition])
Purchase:  Amazon, iTunes, Interpunk

4 comments:

Otter Limits said...

Of the songs on this list that I have never heard before, I liked "Randy's Getting Married" and "Weekend Girls." I'll have to listen to the show online later so I can catch some of the songs that I missed while listening live.

Dave said...

Those are both great songs. I hope you like the rest of the show too. :o)

Otter Limits said...

I listened to most of it. I didn't really miss too many of the songs. I missed the Frank Turner song, the HWM song (which I've heard before of course), and everything after Weekend Girls. But of those songs, the only ones that I haven't heard are the Dave Hause song and the Armchair Martian song.

Dave said...

I think you'll like the Armchair Martian song. The Dave Hause song is amazing, so you should like it too.