Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ben Lee Releases Song from Upcoming Album

Borrowed from RollingStone.com
In May Ben Lee will release his 10th full-length album Ayahuasca: Welcome to the Work.  Today RollingStone.com premiered a song from that new record entitled “Welcome to the House of Mystical Death.”  If this song is any indication to the rest of the album, it’s safe to say that Lee has continued in the, for lack of a better term, trippy direction he took with 2011’s Deeper Into Dream (read my review here). 

I’ve been a big fan of Lee’s work, so any time he releases a new record I get excited.  When he wants to, Lee can write a masterful pop song (see “I Love Pop Music,” “Catch My Disease,” and “We’re All in This Together”) but that doesn’t seem to be his goal anymore.  Don’t get me wrong, Deeper Into Dream and this new song are both very good, just not the amazing pop masterpieces that I love so much.  No matter what, I’m looking forward to checking out Ayahuasca: Welcome to the Work and will continue to follow Lee’s work.

For more information on Ben Lee and his music check out his official website, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Last.fm, AllMusic, and Wikipedia pages.

No comments: