Sunday, September 16, 2012

Top 8 Bands from Chicago


This post is in response to Steve’s Top 6 Chicago Bands post.  It was actually kind of hard to put this list together because while there are a lot of bands from Chicago that I like, in many cases, I only like a few songs or a couple of albums.  I’ve included links to videos when possible. 

8.  Cheap Trick
Favorite songs:  “Surrender,” “He’s a Whore,” “I Want You to Want Me,” and “The Flame” 

7.  Screeching Weasel
Favorite songs:  "Hey Suburbia," "I Wanna Be a Homosexual," "Cool Kids," "First Day of Summer," "You Blister My Paint,” and the entire My Brain Hurts album.   

6.  The Riverdales

5.  Pegboy
Favorite songs:  “Through My Fingers,” “Strong Reaction,” and “Sinner Inside 

4.  Smashing Pumpkins
Favorite songs:  "I Am One," "Siva," "Rhinoceros," "Blue", "Slunk," "Bye June," “Drown,” and the entire Siamese Dream album.

3.  Alkaline Trio
Favorite songs:  "Keep 'Em Coming," "Maybe I'll Catch Fire," "Radio," "Private Eye," "Another Innocent Girl," "I'm Dying Tomorrow," "This Could Be Love," "We've Had Enough," "Emma," "Fatally Yours," “Bleeder,” “Rooftops,” “Warbrain,” “Fine Without You,” and the entire This Addiction album.                    
  
2.  Material Issue
Favorite songs:  "Valerie Loves Me," "Diane." "Renee Remains The Same," "International Pop Overthrow," “What Girls Want,” “Goin’ Through Your Purse,” and “Kim the Waitress

1.  The Methadones


Honorable Mentions --
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Favorite songs:  “Kooler Than Jesus” and “Sex on Wheels

Ministry
Favorite songs:  “Stigmata,” “Jesus Built My Hotrod,” and “TV Song

Veruca Salt
Favorite songs:  “Seether,” “Volcano Girls

Liz Phair
Favorite songs:  "Never Said" and “Supernova 

Urge Overkill
Favorite songs: “Sister Havana,” “Positive Bleeding,” “Back on Me,” “Girl You’ll Be a Women Soon,” and “Need Some Air”    

Rise Against

No comments: