Monday, July 16, 2012

Songs I Want to Hear the Descendents Play at Riot Fest


It looks like I’m going to be heading to Dallas this September to go to Riot Fest to see the likes of Rise Against, The Gaslight Anthem, Teenage Bottlerocket, and the one I’m super excited about—the Descendents.  This will be my first time to see the Descendents, so needless to say, I’m stoked.  Having seen ALL twice and Stephen Egerton’s Seven Degrees… show I know that no matter what name is on the bill, the band pulls from its entire catalog for the set list.  So with that in mind, I’ve gone through the band’s entire catalog and picked the songs from each record that I’d like to hear them play in Dallas.  This list is in chronological order of album release and not preference.  I also realize that a lot of these songs won't get played, but one can dream.

“Global Probing” (from Bonus Fat)
“Hey Hey” (from Bonus Fat)
“Weinerschnitzel” (from Bonus Fat)
“Hope” (from Milo Goes to College)
“Bikeage” (from Milo Goes to College)
“Suburban Home” (from Milo Goes to College)
“Myage” (from Milo Goes to College)
“I Don't Want to Grow Up” (from I Don't Want to Grow Up)
“Silly Girl” (from I Don't Want to Grow Up)
“In Love This Way” (from I Don't Want to Grow Up)
“Christmas Vacation” (from I Don't Want to Grow Up)
“Good Good Things” (from I Don't Want to Grow Up)
“Wendy” (from Enjoy)
“Sour Grapes” (from Enjoy)
“Get the Time” (from Enjoy)
“Cheer” (from Enjoy)
“80’s Girl” (from Enjoy)
“Coolidge” (from ALL)
“Clean Sheets” (from ALL)
“Pep Talk” (from ALL)
“Pretty Little Girl” (from Allroy Sez)
“Hooidge” (from Allroy Sez)
"Sex in the Way" (from Allroy Sez)
“Sugar and Spice” (from Allroy Sez)
“Allthymn” (from Allroy Sez)
“Just Perfect” (from Allroy Sez)
“#10 (Wet)” (from Allroy Sez)
“Don Quixote” (from Allroy Sez)
“Skin Deep” (from Allroy for Prez)
“Wishing Well” (from Allroy for Prez)
“Crazy” (from She’s My Ex)
“She’s My Ex” (from Allroy’s Revenge)
“Fool” (from Allroy’s Revenge)
“Camage” (from Allroy’s Revenge)
“Just Like Them” (from Allroy Saves)
“Guitar Case” (from New Girl, Old Story)
“Dot” (from Percolater)
“Nobody’s” (from Percolater)
“Empty” (from Percolater)
“Can’t Say” from Dot [EP])
“Original Me” (from Breaking Things)
“Right” (from Breaking Things)
“Shreen” (from Breaking Things)
“Bail” (from Breaking Things)
“All’s Fair” (from Guilty)
Man’s World” (from Guilty)
“Million Bucks” (from Pummel)
“Miranda” (from Pummel)
“Long Distance” (from Pummel)
“Button It” (from Pummel)
“Breakin’ Up” (from Pummel)
“Sick-O-Me” (from Everything Sucks)
“When I Get Old” (from Everything Sucks)
“She Loves Me” (from Everything Sucks)
“This Place” (from Everything Sucks)
“I Won’t Let Me” (from Everything Sucks)
“Thank You” (from Everything Sucks)
“Lucky” (from I’m the One)
“Shattered Milo” (from I’m the One)
“Gotta” (from When I Get Old)
“Perfection” (from Mass Nerder)
“Honey Peeps” (from Mass Nerder)
“Refrain” (from Mass Nerder)
“Silly Me” (from Mass Nerder)
“Silence” (from Mass Nerder)
“Carry You” (from Problematic)
“She Broke My Dick” (from Problematic)
“Better Than That” (from Problematic)
“What Are You For?” (from Problematic)
“Alive” (from Problematic)
“Teresa” (from Problematic)
“Drive Away” (from Problematic)
“I Quit” (from ‘Merican)
“Talking” (from Cool to Be You)
“Nothing with You” (from Cool to Be You)
“’Merican” (from Cool to Be You)
“Dog and Pony Show” (from Cool to Be You)
“Dreams” (from Cool to Be You)
“Mass Nerder” (from Cool to Be You)
“Tack” (from Cool to Be You)
“Anchor Grill” (from Cool to Be You)
“Funny Face” (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
“She’s Got Everything” (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
“Cut Me Down to Size” (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
“Sunny Disposition” (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
“Print on Paper (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
“Falling Out” (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)

5 comments:

Otter Limits said...

I'll be going to this show too. Here is my "dream" set list:

Suburban Home (Milo Goes to College)
Hope (Milo Goes to College)
Silly Girl (I Don't Want to Grow Up)
Good Good Things (I Don't Want to Grow Up)
Get The Time (Enjoy!)
Cheer (Enjoy!)
Coolidge (All)
Clean Sheets (All)
Everything Sucks (Everything Sucks)
I'm the One (Everything Sucks)
Rotting Out (Everything Sucks)
When I Get Old (Everything Sucks)
We (Everything Sucks)
Nothing With You (Cool To Be You)
Merican (Cool To Be You)
Dreams (Cool To Be You)
Cool To Be You (Cool To Be You)
She's My Ex

Dave said...

Great songs! Cannot wait for the show!!!

Otter Limits said...

If they play any ALL songs, here are the one's I'd like to hear Milo sing:

Just Perfect (Allroy Sez)
She's My Ex (Allroy's Revenge)
Minute (Percolater)
Original Me (Breaking Things)
Million Bucks (Pummel)
Long Distance (Pummel)
Breakin Up (Pummel)
Refrain (Mass Nerder)

Dave said...

They'd better play some ALL songs!

Anonymous said...

Seeing them in Brooklyn next week...... You won't be disappointed , they kill it live ! Enjoyage