Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Star Wars Characters


The idea for this post came from a conversation I had with Steve from The Otter Limits.  He asked me who my favorite Star Wars character was or my top 3 if I couldn’t pick just one.  Well I really couldn’t even narrow it down to three, so I came up with 10 plus some honorable mentions. 

Throughout my life I’ve been a fan of Star Wars.  Granted over the years my interest has waxed and waned, but I’ve always loved the universe and the character George Lucas created (even though he drives me crazy more often than not).  I grew up on the original trilogy, played with the toys throughout the entirety of my elementary school career, and on more than one occasion was Luke Skywalker for Halloween.  Then in my 20’s I rediscovered Star Wars novels (this was about the same time that Episode I was coming out).  In fact it was SW novels that got me into reading.  Since that time I’ve read probably 40+ SW books and at this point, to me, the movies accentuate the books, not the other way around.  In the books, the Star Wars universe grew and the characters developed in some amazing ways, plus a slew of new characters were introduced that were just as good (if not better) than the characters from the films. 

This list is heavily filled with character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe, especially from the novels that take place after Return of the Jedi. 

The links provided go to each character’s page on Wookieepedia, a fantastic Star Wars Wiki site.  I had thought about giving a bit of info about each character but decided against it. 


Check out Steve’s top 9 list here.

1.  Yoda
5.  Han Solo
8.  Boba Fett
10.  Kyp Durron

Honorable Mentions -- 

2 comments:

Scott said...

Wow you guys are Star Wars geeks! (Nothing wrong with that!) My wife has read a lot of the novels and knows about the expanded universe. I've only seen the six movies though. Well, and I've seen this movie about Ewoks and Endor from the '80s. I don't know what it's called. But anyway, I would write up a corresponding list but I don't feel qualified to do so.

Otter Limits said...

Yeah we are!! And proud of it! LOL!