Friday, December 02, 2011

Song of the Year 2011

As 2011 starts to wind down, we’re going to start seeing the litany of end-of-year lists for everything from albums to movies to books.  Needless to say I’m working on my own lists but plan on posting most of them later in the month.  Today though I wanted to spotlight what I think is by far the best song of 2011, “Crack Whore” by The Fluffy Whites.

I first heard the brilliance that is “Crack Whore” when The Fluffy White’s Dave Cahn sent me an email with a link to the song’s video and boy am I glad he did.  The song itself is ridiculously catchy with poignant tongue-in-cheek lyrics that is a mixture of power pop and pop punk but is so freaking good that it should be getting as much airplay as Adele and Lady Gaga.  Hailing from Washington, DC the band is still in its early stages of development and thus only has this one song released and an official page on MySpace but I’m hoping for much, much more in the near future. 

For more information on The Fluffy Whites check out the band’s MySpace page and this interview with The Greyhound.  “Crack Whore” is available for download on Amazon or you can listen to it on SoundCloud

No comments: