Friday, December 16, 2011

Currently Reading: The Hunger Games

Author:  Suzanne Collins (Official, GoodReads, Scholastic, Amazon, Wikipedia)  

The Hunger Games is the first book in a trilogy of the same name by Suzanne Collins.  The story takes place in a future where the United States in no more and the lands that had been North America have been broken up into 12 districts.  As a punishment for an uprising in the past, each district must offer up one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to compete in a fight to the death in which only one can survive—The Hunger Games. 

I started reading this book about a week ago or so and I have already plowed through three-fourths of it.  It’s one of those books that I have a really hard time putting down because I’m dying to know what happens next.  My son is a huge fan of Suzanne Collins’ The Underland Chronicles and if those books are half as good as what I’ve read of The Hunger Games so far, then I can see why. 

The book has also been adapted into a film that will be released in May 2012 (check out the trailer here).  Based on the trailer, the film looks fantastic.  Heck, if it is anywhere near as good as the book, then it will be great.  

No comments: