Friday, October 07, 2011

Edmond’s They Stay Dead Spotlighted on Dying Scene

Punk news site Dying Scene is highlighting Edmond’s They Stay Dead on their current Band Spotlight.  Here’s what Johnny X from Dying Scene had to say about the band –
Twenty seconds into the first song I ever heard from Edmond, Oklahoma’s They Stay Dead I knew I’d be writing a spotlight for them.  Awesome guitar solos, catchy choruses, and enough diversity in their writing to make songs actually stand out from one another.  But don’t take my word for it.  Stream and/or download for free their debut 3 song EP right here.  If you’re a fan of skate punk you can’t afford to not give these guys a listen.
I’m not sure that I’d describe They Stay Dead’s music as skate punk but other than that Mr. X is spot on.  They Stay Dead is an outstanding band and their self-titled EP is one of my favorite releases of 2011 (you can read my review of it here).    

No comments: