Sunday, June 26, 2011

Movie Review: Cars 2

Title:  Cars 2 (Official, IMDB, Wikipedia)

Let me first start by saying that I am a HUGE fan of Pixar and that I have been eagerly looking forward to seeing Cars 2.  Now that I’ve gotten that admission out of the way I’ve got to be honest…Cars 2 was a let down.  It’s not that it wasn’t good, because it was a good movie, but it wasn’t great.  It lacked that spark of magic that is usually overflowing from Pixar’s films.  In fact Cars 2 felt more like a Disney movie than it did a Pixar movie. 

I knew that at some point Pixar would release a less-than-stellar movie, but it was still sad to see it happen.  I guess though when you raise the bar so incredibly high that even when you do something that is good when compared to others out there but fails to live up to your own standards, it will be viewed as a disappointment. 

No comments: