Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Making a Change

Three years ago I left a job that I’d been at for seven years to take an opportunity closer to home.  Since then the amount of money I’ve spent on gas for my car has greatly diminished, I’ve met some great people, and had some good laughs.  Today that is coming to an end. 

Today will be my last day at the Convergys call center in Moore.  I appreciate the people there for the opportunities that they have given me and the experience, while not always pleasant, has been a learning one and I know that I’m the better for it.  Starting on Sunday I will be working for an airline at their call center in Oklahoma City.  The job is the same thing that I’ve been doing for the past 12 years (customer service) but the company that I am going to is extremely well known for taking care of its employees and being a great place to work.  If all goes well, this new job could turn into something long term with lots of potential for growth.  Its hours of operation are also very conducive for going to school so I’ll be able to stay enrolled for the fall at UCO (it turns out that I’m only 29 hours away from a BA in journalism). 

To all of my friends that I’m leaving behind at Convergys, I wish you all the best of luck.  You can do anything that you set your mind to, so don’t stop trying and working hard.  I will miss you all. 

3 comments:

Blogmaster said...

May the Lord bless your efforts...may none of your trails be dead ends and I look forward to rejoicing with you in the Ivory Towers. You are certainly one of God's chosen.
Be sure to vote republicans in 12 or libertarian which I lean to these days.

Otter Limits said...

Congratulations.

Dave said...

Thank you both very much!

Sadly Jim I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for for anything. I'd like to have some choices other than the standard cookie cutter Republican and Democrats but I doubt that's going to happen.