Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Currently Reading: Mortal Coils

Title:  Mortal Coils (Official, Amazon)
Author:  Eric Nylund (Official, Facebook, Wikipedia)

Mortal Coils is an urban, myth-based fantasy centers around the Post Family mythology.  At the heart of the story are 15 year-old twins Eliot and Fiona who, unbeknownst to them, are the children of a goddess and Lucifer. 


So far I’m about seven chapters in and am really enjoying this book.  Mortal Coils has pulled me in better than anything that isn’t part of a series that I’ve already been reading this year.  I’ve actually had this book on my bookshelf for a while, but just picked it up the other day hen I was looking for something new to read.  I’m a big fan of urban fantasy and myth-based fantasy so this book includes two of my favorite literary subgenres.  

2 comments:

tracy gregory-carman said...

love your taste in books and music! might have to check this one out.

Dave said...

Thanks Tracy! So far it is really good.