Sunday, May 08, 2011

R.E.M. to Reissue Lifes Rich Pageant

According to this story, R.E.M. will be reissuing their 1986 classic Lifes Rich Pageant on July 12th. 

From the story –
The 25th anniversary edition will be released as a two-disc set and on vinyl. The digitally remastered version will include a second disc of 19 previously unreleased demos recorded in March of 1986, including early versions of songs released later, as well as "Wait," a song that has never been officially released by the band. The deluxe version of Lifes Rich Pageant will also include a poster, four postcards and new liner notes penned by journalist Parke Puterbaugh.
The band has also released deluxe versions of their earlier records but I haven’t gotten any of them (the bonus tracks just didn’t seem worth the price).  I may I get this one though.  I consider Lifes Rich Pageant one of R.E.M.’s best albums and it is one of my personal favorites from their catalog. 

2 comments:

Otter Limits said...

There weren't really any songs that really stood out to me on the album. I guess that's why I never bothered to keep it around.

Dave said...

Really? Wow. This record included “Fall On Me,” “I Believe,” “Begin the Begin,” “These Days,” “Just a Touch,” “Swan Swan H,” and their fantastic cover of “Superman.” I consider all of those some of R.E.M.’s best songs.