Sunday, May 08, 2011

Pixies Heading to the Studio

According to this story (which I found over at AbsolutePunk.net), the Pixies will be heading into the studio to record a new once their current tour is completed. 

From the story –
When this tour is finished, suggested guitarist Joey Santiago, "it'll be time". "Making a record will be in the forefront ... We've definitely gelled as a unit and hopefully when we can all bury the hatchet – and we have – maybe we'll go in there and hope for the best."
The Pixies still have "friction", Santiago acknowledged, though he and Lovering aren't really the problem. "If there were two people to pick ... it would probably be the other two [laughs]." But the musicians claim that even Kim Deal and Frank Black can probably be convinced. "Who knows once we get in there?" Santiago said. "I think that makes good music. [The Kinks'] Ray Davies, you know, beating up his little brother, [laughs] that friction, we've always kind of used it. Like, 'Oh yeah? Screw you, we're gonna play'. That little angst, it's good."

In a way this sounds more like wishfull thinking to me than an actual plan to make a new record.  I’m a little reluctant at the idea of a new Pixies record but at this point it is probably best to just take a wait and see approach because I wouldn’t be surprised if nothing ever came of this. 

2 comments:

Otter Limits said...

I'm not so sure I would welcome a new Pixies album 100%.

I mean, I love the Pixies and their contribution to music was incredible.

But I kind of agree with a comment you made a few weeks back about being able to end their career on a high note with Trompe le Monda.

Guess I should try to remain optimistic about it though.

Dave said...

I agree with you 100%.