Sunday, May 01, 2011

A Note About Reviews

There was some controversy a while back over bloggers and reviews of material they were sent for free (I mostly remember this being about books, but I’m sure that it applies to music as well). So in order to cover my bum, I do occasionally receive music to review from wither record labels, managers, or artists. The fact that I have received this material for free in no way changes my reviews of said material. In fact so of the things that I haven’t been as kind about in my reviews are things that I received for free (typically if I buy something, I’m usually pretty sure that I’m going to like it, and the vast majority of the music that I review is stuff that I have bought). But I just wanted it on record that yes I do sometimes get review copies of material and then write about them.

No comments: