Monday, May 02, 2011

Movie Review: I Am Number Four

Title:  I Am Number Four (Official, IMDB, Wikipedia)

I Am Number Four is a science fiction film based on the novel of the same name.  Going into this movie I knew nothing about it other than there’s a teenager who is Number Four who has special powers and that Quinn Fabray from Glee is in it. 

The film is about a group of aliens on the run from another group of aliens.  The ones that are being chased are all numbered (one through nine I think) and the film begins with number three meeting his end.  Number Four and his protector are forced to move to a small town in Ohio where he meets a girl and decides that this is where he wants to say.  Battles ensue but beyond that I don’t want to give away the plot. 

Overall the film is pretty good.  It’s not fantastic and you definitely leave with the feeling that there was a lot of story that wasn’t told but the acting was good, it looked great, and the writing was better than I thought it would be (probably thanks in part to the pen of Marti Noxon of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame).  If you like a good sci fi action flick, then I Am Number Four is for you. 

No comments: