Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Explanation of the Different Types of Posts About CDs & Albums

Every day I like to try to do a post about a specific CD or album. So far these have been my Blast from the Past and Review posts. I’m going to be adding two more types to this group of posts but I figured that I should explain them all a bit first.
  • Blast from the Past – These are posts about albums that were released over 10 years ago. Often they are also records that I have personal stories about, but not always.
  • Reviews – These are posts about albums that have been released within the past year.
  • New to Me – These are posts about albums that I have just recently discovered, but are over a year old (thus not eligible for the Reviews post).
  • Spotlight – These are posts about albums that don’t fit into any of the other categories. Sometimes they will be things that I’ve known about for a long time but aren’t old enough for the Blast from the Past posts and sometimes they are albums that are fairly new to me but not new enough to fit into the New to Me group (a perfect example of this would be the album Gold Country by Chuck Ragan; I got this earlier in the year so it is not “new to me” anymore but it doesn’t fit in any of the other categories either).

 One last thing… When I use the term Album in the title Album Review it is referring to something that I have downloaded (the same is said for EP). I use the term CD in the title when I physically have a copy of the CD.

No comments: