Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shame on You 105.3!!!

In the never ending battle for The Spy, the Citadel Spy has started airing shows that not only resemble the specialty shows that are found on the Ferris O’Brien Spy, but outright use the same names. That is not cool at all. The argument for the moniker of The Spy name itself is one this, but stealing the names of the specialty shows that were created by the DJs under the O’Brien Spy is wrong. Those shows were not part of the first Citadel Spy incarnation (circa 2002-2004) and thus the Citadel Spy has no claim on them at all.

Back in January I wrote a post in which I lamented that I found myself hearing more music that I actually like and know on the Citadel Spy. Needless to say I got some flack fro that admission and I totally understand why. What Ferris O’Brien is doing is a truly amazing thing and I wish him nothing but the best of luck and future success, I was just always a little disappointed that he wasn’t playing a better variety of alternative music (or specifically more stuff that I like).

On a related note, it appears that all internet pages of the Citadel Spy are no longer valid. They have an official website and a Facebook page but the URLs for both no longer work. Not sure what that means, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I had one less radio station to listen to in my car here pretty soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting the record straight Oklahoma Lefty! VF