Monday, February 28, 2011

Quote of the Day

It's not really shocking in a society that makes celebrities out of people who do little more than get drunk and punch each other on camera that people are becoming less and less civil to each other. When you think about it, it's hard to find examples of civility anymore.

[...]

Maybe I read too much into things, but I also wonder if our collective online obsessions aren't sucking the soul out us. I can waste a whole day online and I'm not proud of it. And I ponder, more and more frequently, the merits of getting a real life. One that doesn't consist of me sitting at my computer and setting a bad example for my kids.
-- SQT from the post Wanted: A Survival Guide to Online Narcissism and Incivility

This entire post is excellent and well worth reading.

No comments: