Friday, January 07, 2011

Trump for President?

It looks like it might happen.

From the story –
Earlier this week, Trump told Forbes he was encouraged by surveys that found his business acumen would be seen as a positive by voters.

"Polls have come out and have been very strong," Trump said. "A recent poll came out where Trump and [Bill] Gates are the only two that beat [President Barack] Obama. Gates isn't running obviously, but they put names on it, and we're the only ones who beat Obama."

[...]

"I have dealt with politics all of my life indirectly and directly," Trump said in the Forbes interview. "I would say few people have raised more money for politicians than I have over the years. And the other thing is I don't need money to run, unlike other people, so that's a big advantage. And that's an advantage for the voters, too, you know, because you don't have to make deals."
I know nearly nothing about this man other than he is rich, famous for being rich, and has a reality TV show (which I have never seen). I guess we’ll see what will happen in a few months. Unfortunately this means that the 2012 campaign is getting ready to start…already. *sigh* It seems like the campaigns just never end anymore. These people spend more time running for office than actually spend in office.

No comments: