Monday, January 31, 2011

New Superman Film has Lead Actor

Cinematical is reporting that British actor Henry Cavill has landed the role of Clark Kent in the new Superman reboot. I’ve never heard of the guy, but based on the picture used in the story I think he’s got the right look to play the character (or at least he doesn’t look like a Christopher Reeve clone). I am disappointed though that they did not go with Tom Welling of Smallville for this film, but not surprised. Had they gone with Welling the film would need to start where Smallville leaves off and director Zack Snyder has already said that this movie is a reboot of the character that will be based on general Superman mythology and not a specific series.

1 comment:

Otter Limits said...

Overall I think this is a bad choice. A British actor playing Superman?!? Blasphemy!!!

However, I also originally thought that Christian Bale was a bad choice to play Batman and look how that turned out.

They are going to have to convince me on Cavill though. I just can't see it.