Saturday, January 15, 2011

Currently Reading: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters


Title: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters (Amazon, Wikipedia)
Author: Rick Riordan (Official, Blog, Wikipedia)

The Sea of Monsters is a myth-based urban fantasy and the second book in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. The series follows the adventures of Percy Jackson, who is a demigod—the son of Poseidon, and his friends.

I’m not very far into the book yet but so far it picks about a year after The Lightning Thief left off. What I really enjoy about this series is Riordan’s mixing of Greek mythology with modern urban fantasy. One of these days I’m going to do a post on the myth-based fantasy genre.

2 comments:

♥Kathy♥ said...

I've never read any of the books in this series but they are big sellers at the bookstore where I work. May just have to try out the first book. Thanks for the review.

Dave said...

I’d recommend reading at least the first one. The books are fun and pretty fast reads.