Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie Review: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader


Title: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Official, Walden Media, IMBD, Wikipedia)

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the third in the Narnia film series by Walden Media and the first to be produced/distributed by 20th Century Fox. Besides the seventh Harry Potter film, this is the movie that I have been looking forward to the most this year. And…well…it was okay.

Overall this was a very entertaining film adventure. I started reading the book a few months ago in hopes to finish it before seeing the film, but honestly the book has been a slow read and thus I haven’t finished it yet. The film jumps right into the action (like the book) and like its predecessors looks fantastic. That having been said the pacing seemed a bit off and the film ended quite abruptly. I will probably need to see it again to fully absorb it and while I’m a little disappointed, I do hope that Walden Media is able to make more film adaptations for the other books in the series.

No comments: