Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Comics Review: Green Arrow: The Archer’s Quest


Title: Green Arrow: The Archer’s Quest (DC Comics, Amazon)
Author: Brad Meltzer (Official, What I Believe: Official Blog, Wikipedia)

Green Arrow (DC Comics Database, Wikipedia) has never been a character that I have followed but he has played a big part in a lot of the graphic novels that I have read lately (The Flash: Rebirth, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Blackest Night, Final Crisis) so when I was in the library looking for a new graphic novel to check out I came across Green Arrow: Archer’s Quest and man am I glad that I did!

The Archer’s Quest is a story arc that takes the recently resurrected Oliver Queen (a.k.a. Green Arrow) on a cross country hunt for some of his most personal and valuable possessions. He is joined on the quest by his former sidekick Roy Harper (a.k.a. Speedy) and is a combination road trip, quest, and coming-to-terms with life story that really gets to the heart of this character, growing up, and being a parent.

The arc was written by Brad Meltzer, who also wrote the amazingly griping Identity Crisis series. Meltzer did a tremendous job of developing and bringing to life a character that I, until now, knew very little about. Needless to say, thanks to this fantastic graphic novel, I will be reading a lot more of Green Arrow in the near future.

No comments: