Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tunes That Got Me Through My Teens

The Flaming Lips were featured on NPR’s All Songs Considered segment Tunes That Got You Through Your Teens. The folks at NPR asked people to let them know what songs got you through your teens and it was from those results that the segment was produced.

This got me thinking about songs got me through my teens. Now I’ve always, since my teens at least, been more of an artist/album guy than song guy so when I think about the music that got me through my teens I tend to think of bands and/or albums. So here is a list of the bands/albums that got me through my teens.

(In no particular order)
  • Out of Time by R.E.M.
  • Minor Threat by Minor Threat (This is the cassette release of the band's first two 7 inches)
  • Doubt by Jesus Jones
  • Rattle & Hum by U2
  • Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde
  • Vivid by Living Colour
  • Naive by KMFDM
  • Walk Together, Rock Together by 7 Seconds
  • Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails
  • School of Fish by School of Fish
  • God Fodder by Ned's Atomic Dustbin
  • Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub
  • Trompe Le Monde by Pixies
  • Puzzle by dada
  • Stink by The Replacements
  • Liveage by Descendents
  • Some Friendly by The Charlatans UK
  • Nevermind by Nirvana
  • Disintegration by The Cure

I'm sure that there are some that I'm forgetting but those are a lot of the albums that got my through those all-important teenage years.

Thanks to OklahomaRock.com for the find.

No comments: