This got me thinking about songs got me through my teens. Now I’ve always, since my teens at least, been more of an artist/album guy than song guy so when I think about the music that got me through my teens I tend to think of bands and/or albums. So here is a list of the bands/albums that got me through my teens.
(In no particular order)
- Out of Time by R.E.M.
- Minor Threat by Minor Threat (This is the cassette release of the band's first two 7 inches)
- Doubt by Jesus Jones
- Rattle & Hum by U2
- Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde
- Vivid by Living Colour
- Naive by KMFDM
- Walk Together, Rock Together by 7 Seconds
- Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails
- School of Fish by School of Fish
- God Fodder by Ned's Atomic Dustbin
- Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub
- Trompe Le Monde by Pixies
- Puzzle by dada
- Stink by The Replacements
- Liveage by Descendents
- Some Friendly by The Charlatans UK
- Nevermind by Nirvana
- Disintegration by The Cure
I'm sure that there are some that I'm forgetting but those are a lot of the albums that got my through those all-important teenage years.
Thanks to OklahomaRock.com for the find.