Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quote of the Day

Quite frankly, it sickens me that people in the United States are dying of hunger and of diseases that could have been cured years ago if they were properly funded. It sickens me this country is headed for bankruptcy and doesn't even acknowledge the fact. It sickens me that neither Congress nor the President lacks the balls to do anything about it because they are far too more concerned with maintaining the superior military might of the United States, without even thinking that maybe it is because of our global domination and our entangling alliances (that both President Washington and President Jefferson warned us about so many years ago) that we were attacked on 9/11/2001. Yeah, that's right, I said it. Maybe it is our own government's fault we were attacked. I am in no way, shape, or form, making excuses for the Muslim extremists that planned and executed this disgusting attack, nor am I condoning their actions. What they did is disgusting and the people responsible ought to be brought to justice. What I am saying, however is, that is could have been avoided.
-- Steve Long from the post The American Empire: Part One

The entire post is well worth reading and a blistering condemnation of American foreign policy of the past 70 some-odd years.

No comments: