Sunday, October 03, 2010

Currently Listening

With the end of the year drawing nearer, I’ve started think about what has been my favorite music of 2010. I already know what some of my favorite albums of the year are but I’m not going to finalize that list until I get to pick up some more CDs down at Guestroom Records (namely the new albums by The Thermals, Street Dogs, Jenny & Johnny, and Kevin Seconds). But until then I do have some songs that have really stood out to me this year and those are making up today’s edition of Currently Listening.

1. “Pills and Smoke” by Johnny Two Bags (from Untitled 21: A Juvenile Tribute to Swingin’ Utters)
2. “In the Sun” by She & Him (from Volume Two)
3. “Falling Out” by Stephen Egerton & Frank Daily (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
4. “Boxer” by The Gaslight Anthem (from American Slang)
5. “Girl Talk” by Euclid Crash (from Nice People NMF Preview)
6. “This Addiction” by Alkaline Trio (from This Addiction)
7. “I Was a Teenage Anarchist” by Against Me! (from White Crosses)
8. “Funny Face” by Stephen Egerton & Chad Price (from The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton)
9. “The Diamond Church Street Choir” by The Gaslight Anthem (from American Slang)
10. “Lead Poisoning” by Alkaline Trio (from This Addiction)

No comments: