Thursday, August 26, 2010

Some People are Really Just Messed Up

Like this lady.

From the story –
The British woman who became a hate figure for animal lovers everywhere after she was caught tossing a cat into a trash bin today apologized for her anti-feline offense, only hours after telling tabloid The Sun, "I don't know what the fuss is about, it's just a cat.

"Mary Bale, a 45-year-old bank worker from the central English city of Coventry, said in a statement, "I want to take this opportunity to apologize profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused. It was a split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control."

[...]

"OK, I shouldn't have done it -- but it's just a cat at the end of the day. I don't think I deserve to be hated by people all over the world, it was just a split second of madness," she said. "I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin, which was right beside me."

Footage of the incident captured by a security camera on Aug. 21 shows that Bale knew purr-fectly well that she wasn't behaving like a model citizen. She's seen stroking a four-year-old tabby cat called Lola and glancing furtively from side to side. When it's clear that no one is watching, Bale grabs the poor puss by the scruff of its neck, tosses it in the trash bin and slams the lid. The cat's owners, Stephanie and Darryl Mann, found the distraught and hungry Lola some 15 hours later.
See what I mean?

No comments: