Monday, August 02, 2010

Morrissey to Katy Perry – Don’t Get Married

Spinner is reporting that Morrissey told singer Katy Perry not to marry Russell Brand.

From the story –
Perry told The Sun: "I met Morrissey for the first time the other day and we had tea together. He's Russell's mate and he is fascinating, but he was giving us a hard time about getting married. He swooned and sighed, 'Oh, left hand third finger, don't do it.' It was just so eloquent and poetic and like one of his songs."
Wow that man is melodramatic! I also find it a bit ironic that a man who has been famously celibate/asexual for decades is handing out marital advice. I’m assuming that he was joking with young Ms. Perry, but one can never tell with the Moz.

And I kind of hate to admit it, but I really like Katy’s latest song...it’s so silly and catchy and fun that I can’t help but enjoy it!

And to add to the poetic nature of this post, Morrissey’s song “Everyday is Like Sunday” just started playing from my computer.

No comments: