Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Thought I Was the Only One Who Couln't Get Through It...

But, I found someone else who just couldn’t stomach Wizard’s First Rule either.

Money Quote –
Sometimes life really is too short to be plugging away on something that just isn’t going to work for you. The reading pile gave me a metaphorical tap on the shoulder and said, “Dude, it’s killing you doing this. Check out some of the stuff I’ve got here, you’ll love it...” I didn’t need telling more than once :o)

So... Two hundred and five pages into a seven hundred-page book was enough for me, what happened? Richard and Kahlan were about to be attacked and I realised I just didn’t care. I wasn’t so far gone as to hope that they would die, and the book would end there, but it was a close thing.
I had the hardest time trying to read this book too. I tried off and on for over a year and a half and got about 300 pages in before I gave up. It also doesn’t help that I’ve found out that the author, Terry Goodkind, seems to be a stuck-up, anti-fantasy, arrogant piece of work. Now to be fair I’ve never met the guy but he sure comes off as a grade-A poop face in the interviews that I’ve read.

No comments: