Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dr. Laura Ending Radio Show

Longtime radio show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger is planning on retiring from the radio.

From the story –
Appearing on 'Larry King Live' (weekdays, 9PM ET on CNN) Dr. Laura Schlessinger, who had been in hot water ever since she dropped 11 n-bombs in five minutes during her radio show last week, announced she will be retiring from radio.

"The reason (for retiring) is I want to regain my First Amendment rights, she explained. "I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors."

While Schlessinger is retiring from radio, she promises she is not retiring from offering her unadulterated opinion to an eager public.
Apparently she will concentrate on blogging.

Dr. Laura hasn’t been on OKC radio (that I’ve heard at least) for years, but even when she was on she nearly always got on my nerves with her holier-than-thou attitude. I do remember one time though that she smaked down this guy who was calling asking for permission to cheat on his sick wife. She told him that no, that was not okay. That was good stuff because that dude came off as a complete scum bag.

No comments: