Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Belief-O-Matic & Spiritual Belief System Selector Quiz

I decided to take some of those “what religion are you” quizzes again today (you can see some past results here). I decided on two, BeliefNet’s Belief-O-Matic and SelectSmart.com’s Spiritual Belief System Selector Quiz. Interestingly a lot of the questions were identical. Here are the results.

Belief-O-Matic –
1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (92%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (90%)
4. Liberal Quakers (87%)
5. Jainism (85%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (85%)
7. Hinduism (77%)
8. New Age (76%)
9. Sikhism (72%)
10. Reform Judaism (69%)
11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (67%)
12. Baha'i Faith (64%)
13. Taoism (61%)
14. Secular Humanism (58%)
15. Orthodox Quaker (54%)
16. Orthodox Judaism (53%)
17. New Thought (48%)
18. Islam (45%)
19. Scientology (41%)
20. Nontheist (38%)
21. Seventh Day Adventist (31%)
22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (26%)
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (26%)
24. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (26%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (20%)
26. Roman Catholic (20%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (18%)

Spiritual Belief System Selector Quiz –
1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%) Books, etc. Information link
2. Unitarian Universalism (92%) Books, etc. Information link
3. Neo-Pagan (90%) Books, etc. Information link
4. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (90%) Books, etc. Information link
5. Jainism (86%) Books, etc. Information link
6. Sikhism (85%) Books, etc. Information link
7. Theravada Buddhism (84%) Books, etc. Information link
8. Hinduism (79%) Books, etc. Information link
9. New Age (74%) Books, etc. Information link
10. Taoism (72%) Books, etc. Information link
11. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (68%) Books, etc. Information link
12. Reform Judaism (67%) Books, etc. Information link
13. Secular Humanism (56%) Books, etc. Information link
14. New Thought (55%) Books, etc. Information link
15. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (54%) Books, etc. Information link
16. Orthodox Judaism (51%) Books, etc. Information link
17. Bahai (48%) Books, etc. Information link
18. Scientology (43%) Books, etc. Information link
19. Islam (41%) Books, etc. Information link
20. Non-theist (36%) Books, etc. Information link
21. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (34%) Books, etc. Information link
22. Seventh Day Adventist (31%) Books, etc. Information link
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (29%) Books, etc. Information link
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (22%) Books, etc. Information link
25. Eastern Orthodox (20%) Books, etc. Information link
26. Jehovahs Witness (20%) Books, etc. Information link
27. Roman Catholic (20%) Books, etc. Information link
I took these quizzes this morning because last night while getting ready for bed I realized that I have been a lot calmer lately. It’s almost like I’ve reach some point of Zen realization about things in my life. Not that they have gotten dramatically better or changed at all, but I am better dealing with things than I was even just a few months ago. I attribute at least part of this to the fact that I have given up soda (again) and part to my new MP3 player (it’s amazing how much better things go when you have some good tunes in your ear). But whatever the cause, I am thankful for the peace. I would love to continue my study of tai chi and eastern religions (I checked out a translation of the Bhagavad Gita and the Tibetan Book of the Dead from the library) but we’ll see how much time and money will allow me to do so (and if I can get my lazy bum up to do some exercising).

If you have never taken one of these quizzes, I suggest you do. They are fun and take very little time, plus you may learn something new about yourself in the process.

No comments: